Career Advice I’d Give To My Younger Self…
– Be careful about looking back too much. Learn from your mistakes, but try not to second guess yourself too much.
– Surround yourself with friends you trust… A network gives you reach; a community gives you power!
– Some friends will be for when you just need someone to listen and offer comfort; some will be for when you need advice. Associate with people who will drag you out of your comfort zone.
– Model yourself after people you admire.
– To reinvent yourself: (1) Ask why aren’t you happy, why do I want to reinvent? (2) What are you passionate about — can you make it a career? (3) Once you make the decision to do it, go for it!
Stop worrying about the perfect plan. Try things and get immediate feedback (which you can do easily these days through social media).
– My biggest mistake: Giving up too soon and letting too much time go by before trying again.
*Relationships are like muscle tissue, the more you engage them, the stronger and more valuable they become.