- 1. Return on Relationship™
- 2. Message to Businesses: Change Your Framework—Change Your Future
- 3. Social is a facilitator ofrelationships, it is not the relationship itself!
- 4. Trust is Built• Based on interaction• Consistency• True to your word, authentic, and genuine
- 5. 1. Listen2. Make it be about THEM3. Ask “How can I serve you?”4. Aim for Ongoing Engagement5. Know the People in Your Audience
- 6. Think REPUTATION, not ranking… CONNECTION, not network… LOYALTY, not celebrity.
- 7. A “Brand” is what a businessdoes, and a “Reputation” is what people remember.
- 8. Return on Relationship™ JetBlue Gets It!
- 9. Social Media drives engagement, engagement drives loyalty, loyalty correlates directly to increased sales. ROR (#RonR) = ROI
- 10. Listen for “Moments” — and Make it PersonalCollective Bias is a social shopper media that weaves organic social content into engaging real-life stories.
- 11. Think like a child… and change yourcreative mindset to one that works!
- 12. Just Be Nice!
- 13. When someoneasks me what isthe ROI ofSocial…I ask,what is the ROIof Trust, what isthe ROI ofLoyalty?
- 14. Awareness = Revenues Differentiators = Margins Authenticity = LoyaltyAll Measurable AND = Increased Sales/Profits.
- 15. You know what doesn’t workfor a social media strategy? NOT BEING SOCIAL.
- 16. Want More from Social?Empower Your Employees as Brand Advocates/Evangelists
- 17. Relationships ARE the new currency –honor them, invest in them, and start measuring your ROR!
- 18. Return on Relationship…@TedRubinTedRubin.comChief Social Marketing OfficerCollective [email protected]
- 19. Case Study: GliddenEngaging Audiences to Increase SalesThe ChallengeDevelop a social media program to drive awarenessand trial of Glidden’s paint “Testers” at a limitednumber of Walmart stores, and drive traffic to adigital coupon.Our Solution• Activate 30 lifestyle and do-it-yourself influencers to makeover their room of choice by completing various design “challenges”.• Write a “before” post asking readers to help choose the paint color among three Glidden Testers.• Documented and shared their progress with their audiences along the way. The final post was an “after” post revealing the finished makeover.
- 20. Case Study: NestléDriving Traffic to In Store DemosThe ChallengeTo create fun and engaging content to increaseawareness and drive traffic to “The Walmart IceCream Social,” an in-store demonstration eventfocusing on Dreyer’s, Edy’s and Drumstick icecream at Walmart.Our Solution• Activate 110 influencers to create content around Nestlé ice cream and the in-store demo’s• Participants were challenged to have their own ice cream social to coincide with the Walmart demos across the country• Participants wrote posts promoting the demos for Memorial Day and Independence day weekends