Ted Rubin discusses how to get more return on relationship in your marketing to boost your business.
In March 2009 Ted Rubin started using and evangelizing the term ROR, Return on Relationship, hashtag #RonR. Ted left his position as Chief Social Marketing Officer of Collective Bias on August 31, 2013.
In the words of Collective Bias Co-Founder John Andrews… “Ted, you were the vision, heartbeat and soul of Collective Bias, thank you for building a great company. From innovations like cb.Socially to the amazing relationships you built with the blogger community, clients and employees, you drove the epic growth. You will be missed!”
Many people in the social media world know Ted for his enthusiastic, energetic and undeniably personal connection to people. Ted is the most followed CMO on Twitter according to Social Media Marketing Magazine; one of the most interesting CMOs on Twitter according to Say Media, #13 on Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, and number #2 on the Leadtail list of Top 25 People Most Mentioned by digital marketers.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The biggest mistakes you are making with social media and what to do instead
- How to “open the door” to connect with your prospects online
- How to make followers feel that they are a part of the conversation
- How to develop a strong and positive reputation online
Tips From The Episode:
- You want to focus on building a relationship, not just broadcasting versus social media
- Make sure to engage and thank people for interacting with you
- The majority of people on social media are not actively participating but they are absorbing content
- Answer everybody- don’t just answer the influencers on social media